Babierge (baby + concierge) is the leading baby gear rental service and marketplace providing traveling families with the baby equipment they need to enjoy an at-home-like experience while staying at hotels, vacation rentals or private homes. The company leverages gig-economy baby gear rental entrepreneurs, called Trusted Partners, who deliver, setup, pickup and clean, quality baby gear that they own. Trusted Partners, mostly moms, build a business on the Babierge platform and receive insurance, as well as ongoing coaching and business mentoring, from the company.
Problems Babierge Solves
- Families having to lug bulky baby gear through crowded airports and pay exorbitant fees to check it.
- Grandparents who don’t want to purchase expensive baby gear and store it between occasional visits from their grandchildren.
- Friends and families traveling together who want a more at-home experience at their vacation rental.
- Institutions and businesses in need of occasional baby gear to better serve their customers.
- The Babierge platform launched in May, 2016.
- Renting gear in more than 150 travel destinations in the US and Canada. Opening new markets weekly.
- On average Trusted Partners earn about $630/month, second only to Airbnb, and their estimated hourly rate of $40 is one of the best hourly rates in the gig economy.
- Babierge has served over 7000 orders to customers from over 20 countries, since launch, providing over 28,000 pieces of baby gear to families from around the world.
- Strategic partners include HomeAway, Destination Hotels and Kid & Coe
- Typical orders include a full-size wooden crib, car seat, stroller and a large toy and book package.
What Babierge Customers are Saying
“I can't recommend Babierge enough! Air travel with a 1 year old is stressful enough, so being able to not have to lug a stroller, pack n play, etc with us made everything much more relaxing!“ - Evelyn R., Brooklyn, NY
“Very convenient and super clean baby equipment! Heather met us at the airport for drop off and pickup which was key since we needed car seats for our infants.” - Caeleb M., Beaverton, OR
“I came to LA to visit my sister and was in a panic on what to do for all the needed items for my 1 1/2 year old! Well this service put all my worries to rest! They even delivered it to the doorstep of my sister’s home! Will HIGHLY recommend this to all my mommy friends who travel!! What a great service and experience! Took the stress out of traveling alone with a baby. THANK YOU!” - Talia G., Hialeah, FL