Babierge (the Airbnb for Baby Gear) is the first rapidly expanding marketplace/platform for baby gear rental. Our mission is to ‘delight vacationing families’ by providing trusted baby products and gear while giving Independent Trusted Partners rewarding income for doing simple, wholehearted work.
And we have traction - Babierge has served over 1000 traveling families since May. As a two-sided marketplace our model leverages on-the-ground independent contractors to deliver, pick-up and clean the baby gear which they own. We are rapidly expanding now with 30 Trusted Partners in 19 US markets. We are brimming with ideas and enthusiasm, and incredibly excited about what the future will bring for all of us. We believe this is a huge market with a ton of opportunity.
The Babierge team is exceptional and very experienced in startups. Work with Co-Founder/CEO Fran Maier (Former Co-Founder of Match.com and Founder of TRUSTe) and the rest of our remarkable team to deliver both web front-end and back-end implementation for features related to marketplace operation, network effect optimization and rapid scaling.
Front-End Designer Developer to Join Babierge
Do you have a keen eye for design and UX who can help build the web and mobile interfaces that will drive Babierge’s success?
Designer Developer Opportunity
- Provide a unified user experience for mobile-first website and mobile applications and other means of communication
- Execute all phases of UI/UX projects from idea to implementation
- Research, information architecture design, strategic concepting, wireframing, prototyping, UI/UX design, UI/UX development, help with client-side programming and scripting, and quality assurance & browser/device testing
- Graphic design for digital media and print
- Be an extremely valuable member of our team
- Ability to help write code to build what you design
- 3+ years of web development experience
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong sense and familiarity with mobile design and related concepts
- Great working knowledge in Adobe Photoshop
- Comfortable diving into unfamiliar territories and solving problems
- Develop/share opinions on product while maintaining brand values
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively to a wide array of personalities
- Passion to solve visual design problems and the ability to show different solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter who actively seeks ways to improve the customer experience, both visually and functionally
- Attention to fine detail
CURRENT TECH STACK & FUTURE
Our platform has been built with CakePHP, Twitter Bootstrap, and JQuery. It uses a MySQL database and implements various popular APIs such as Google Calendar and Stripe Connect Managed Accounts.
Our new platform and mobile applications will be built with the most bleeding-edge and scalable technologies available.
WHY JOIN US
- Be one of our first in this fun marketplace/platform business
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity
- You'll be building a marketplace/platform that helps traveling families and local grandparents make memories that will last their entire life
- Health and Dental Benefits Provided
- Significant paid vacation and sick days
EXPECTED START DAY
As soon as available
Please send resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Depends on location and skills
Generous equity position in early stage startup
CHECK US OUT
News and Media